Back to Normal, My Friend?

My first impression of you did not fail,
You are the tough type but deep inside fragile;
You talk and talk, never minding what you've said,
You’re hungry of attention, and you got me disgusted.

You came to me, I ran away,
You smiled and smiled while fled away;
I was annoyed of your traits and bluffing,
You did a lot of gossips and talking.

You're Know-It-All, and you’ve got Me-First attitudes,
Most of your behaviors caused a lot of hatreds;
I backstabbed you but you never cared,
Were you aware or was I ignored?

I don't know how but it did happen,
We had to stick with each other then;
I remember how sincere you seemed,
While I rolled my eyeballs and feigned.

But one day, I found myself in distress,
You came around, just like you always did;
You pushed me to talk about it,
So I sighed, stared at you, but then started.
So I freed the things I’ve been keeping inside,
Vulnerable subjects I’ve been struggling to hide;
You may’ve never realized but you thought me how to confide,
For the first time, you listened while setting your apprehensions aside.

I loved watching you gaping at my every word,
I couldn’t tell whether you related to my stories or you’re bored;
But somehow you added light to our gloomy world,
I wonder if you really enjoyed or I got you tortured.

Hope you know that our listening ears made miracles,
We started sharing our happiness and downfalls;
I accepted your oddities, and I didn’t mocked at you again,
Time must have nourished and made our bonding genuine.

Yet lately, I’ve noticed how you’ve changed deliberately,
The rare submissive ways are slowly fading away;
Your smooth tongue seems to dance gracefully
With every mention of “I, me, & myself” melody.

So, is the old, vain you back again, my friend?
You must have missed wearing your favorite skin;
Well, go ahead and be who you really are,
I just hope when I look ahead, you have not gone that far.

No comments: